Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 27: Wilmington, NC

Stop 22 / State 12:  Wilmington, NC

Today was a longer day than most.  The distance was 171 miles, which is a little bit farther than most days.  What made the difference was it was all on Highway 17 which was fine for about half the distance.  The rest of the trip was in traffic with red lights every half mile or so.  Yuck.  The worst was the Myrtle Beach area which went on for many, many miles.  It must be a very amazing beach to be able to support that many miles of arcades, fun zones, amusement parks, fast food restaurants and motels.  Enough about the drive.

We did cross another state line so here's that picture:

No sooner did I post yesterday that we hadn't had a drop of rain in Charleston and what should happen?  We had several hours of nonstop lightning and thunder and the hardest rain imaginable. They had tornedos and quarter sized hail close by so I guess we got lucky there.

Wilmington isn't an important stop for us.  I'm sure that there must be things to see and do but this was my afternoon to pay bills an Kristen's to catch up on the laundry.

I understand that Grant and Dana have issue with my showing a picture of the trailer in each of its new locations.  Apparently, the trailer never changes (that's the point - it's the location that changes). What they want to see is a shot out the door of the trailer. As I told Grant, most of the time, that would be a picture of the RV or trailer next door. Since that isn't the case today, here's a shot out the door:

And here's the daily trailer picture:

-J-

1 comment:

  1. My, what a lovely view!!!

    Your trailer is so big it blocks the majority of the changing background.

    Try to keep the tar off of your heels... I hear its sticky!

    ReplyDelete